What Medicare covers
Your Medicare coverage from the U.S. Government site for Medicare, More Information.
- Covered tests, items, and services for people with Medicare, caregiver, health care industry professionals. CPT/HCPCS code searchable.
Your Medicare coverage choices
- Learn about the 2 main ways to get your Medicare coverage — Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C).
What Part A covers
- Medicare Part A hospital insurance covers inpatient hospital care, skilled nursing facility, hospice, lab tests, surgery, home health care.
What Part B covers
- Learn about what Medicare Part B (medical insurance) covers, including doctor and other health care providers’ services, outpatient care, durable medical equipment, home health care, and some preventive services.
What drug plans cover
- Learn what Medicare drug plans cover, including information about a drug formulary and tiers.
What Medicare health plans cover
- Medicare health plans include Medicare Advantage, Medical Savings Account (MSA), Medicare Cost plans, PACE, MTM
Preventive & screening services
- Learn which preventive and screening services Medicare covers to keep you healthy and find problems early, when treatment is most effective.
Getting care & drugs in disasters or emergencies
- Get Medicare-provided medical care and prescription drugs in disaster or emergency areas, replace lost card, and lost or damaged supplies.
Find suppliers of medical equipment & supplies
- Get information about suppliers of durable medical equipment, prostheses and prosthetic devices, and orthotics.
Find & compare doctors, hospitals, & other providers
- Hospitals, nursing homes, home health agencies, medical item suppliers, health care providers, health and drug plans, dialysis facilities.
What Part A & Part B doesn’t cover
- Learn about what items and services Medicare Part A and Part B doesn’t cover. You’ll have to pay for the items and services yourself unless you have other insurance or you’re in a Medicare health plan that covers them.